Kitesurfing is the fastest growing extreme spot, with its fast and easy learning curve you’ll be up and riding and even working on jumps within your first week of kiting! With beautiful beaches, incredible weather and tranquil flat water lagoons, the Algarve is the perfect backdrop to your Kitesurfing Holiday.
Perfect for all fitness levels, you don’t require a huge amount of upper body strength. The power from the Kite is taken by a waist harness, leaving your arms free to control the kitesail and bar.
If you snowboard, wakeboard or skateboard you’ll be one step ahead, however learning board skills is simple. You’ll be surprised how quickly you’ll pick up Kitesurfing.
Our dedicated and friendly team of Kitesurfing Instructors offer structured lessons for all levels. With years of teaching experience, they will fast track you to be up and riding in no time. With the lowest student to instructor ratio in the area, there will be a maximum of 4 students per instructor, guaranteeing personalised tuition and safety guidance throughout your sessions.
Altavista Surf and Adventure Lodge with its sea view terraces, huge pool, gardens and friendly social atmosphere, is the perfect place to relax and unwind between your kitesurfing lessons.
KITESURFING IN THE ALGARVE
The Algarve is the perfect kiting destination, with brilliant wind conditions throughout the year. In summer we welcome the northerly ‘Nortrada’ winds, picking up in the early afternoon and creating the best possible conditions for learning to Kite.
The Alvor Lagoon, just a short drive from the Lodge and Lagos is an ideal location to learn and master Kitesurfing. Covering over 2 km, the water is calm and flat and only waist deep making it the safest learning environment in all of Europe.
For the best conditions join us in June, July and August. With strong winds every afternoon, it’s the perfect time to come and learn. Outside of these months we can’t guarantee kitesurfing every day, however we have so many great activities on offer there’s plenty to fill your day with if the wind doesn’t show up! Surfing, SUP or guided hikes will be offered on NO-WIND days
Our highly trained and friendly team of Kitesurfing instructors offer excellent tuition with proven progression. We pride ourselves on a maximum of 4 students per instructor, but usually just two students, the best training kites and tailor made courses, offering the best kitesurfing experience in the area. Our instructors speak several languages.
With flexible teaching hours, we ensure you’ll be learning in the best possible conditions all week long. At the end of the course you could be certified with a VDWS kiteboarding license card.
Day 1 - 3 Hours - FEEL THE MAGIC ! An Introduction to the basics and fundamentals of flying a powerful Kite:
- Basic tuition on Kite Surfing equipment
- Safety checks and how to set up your kite
- How to carry out a site assessment for safety
- Water safety briefing
- How to launch and land your kite
- Practising relaunching your kite when kite goes down
- Body Dragging, getting you in the water and using the power of the kite
- Understanding and practice of deep water self rescues
Day 2 – 3/4 Hours - GET UP AND GET MOVING ! A more detailed course to get you up and moving on the board.
- Introduction to waterstarts and theory
- Safety systems
- Further tuition on launching and relaunching kite from water
- Getting up on the board
- Piloting a small kite on the beach
- Practising with bigger kite on the water
- Knowledge of kitesurfing etiquette
Day 3 – 3 Hours -GO UPWIND ! Learn how to ride your board safely to new horizons – even against the wind!
- Complete theory, safety systems and equipment set-up
- Independently able to launch, land and relaunch your kite
- Demonstrate good control of your board and self-rescue
- Practice with bigger inflatable kite in the water
- Body dragging and waterstarts
- Confident in edging both heel and toe edge
- Advanced site and risk assessment
- Understanding tides, wind and weather conditions
- You’ll be ready to get out there kitesurfing on your own
KITE SURFING PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- 7 nights in our shared Garden Room or Private Poolside Room
- 7 delicious free breakfasts at our Lodge
- Course over 3 days. – 10 hour course
- Experienced licensed (VDWS/IKO) Kite instructors
- Proven kitesurfing program to get you up and riding as early as possible
- All kite equipment and wetsuit hire
- Transport to the Lagoon
- Full use of Lodge facilities
Please note: Surfing, SUP or guided hikes will be offered on NO-WIND days
Earlybird Special – limited places at this price
April reduced to 390€ shared room or private rooms at 425€ shared bathroom or 460€ private bathroom each (based on 2 pers sharing a private room)
PRICE PER PERSON BOOK NOW
|Kite Surf||Shared Room||Private Room|
|Normal Price||Offer Price||Normal Price||Offer Price|
|Apr||460 €||390 €||495 €||425 €|
|May||495 €||470 €||530 €||505 €|
|Jun||495 €||470 €||530 €||505 €|
|Jul||530 €||505 €||600 €||575 €|
|Aug||530 €||505 €||600 €||575 €|
|Sep||530 €||505 €||600 €||575 €|
|Oct||495 €||470 €||530 €||505 €|