Famous for it’s wild cliffs dropping into the Atlantic at Sagres and impressive rock faces along the stunning coastlines, it’s easy to see why the Algarve is a climbers paradise! From sporting climbs to deep water soloing and adventure, you’ll find the perfect climb no matter your level.
Our climbing just along from Sagres offers some of the best routes in Europe. Our highly experienced instructors and guides ensure a safe and enjoyable experience from beginners to advanced. They’ve been climbing these routes for years and have many secret climbs you won’t find in any books!
AltaVista Surf and Adventure Lodge are excited to offer rock climbing day trips for all levels from beginner to experienced. Let us tailor the perfect days climbing based on your experience and climbing preference.
Our expert guide and instructor will ensure you get the best possible climb for your level! Climbs are bolted, so whether beginner or advanced, top-rope or lead climb, we will find the perfect rock for you!
We’ll explore climbing spots around Lagos, Sagres, and Rocha da Pena finding the perfect cliff face for your level.
- No previous experience needed
- Beginner, intermediate and advanced levels
- Fully qualified and friendly guides and instructors
- Instruction in equipment and safety
- Climbing shoes and equipment provided
- Free transport to spots around Lagos, Sagres and to Rocha da Pena
- Pick up from AltaVista
- 2 hours on the rocks for Half Day
- 4 hours on the rocks for Full Day
- Minimum 3 persons, Maximum 6 persons
- Private climbing available
Prices per person
Find out more
|Rock Climbing||Apr - Oct|
|Half Day||1 Day Course||50 €|
|3 Day Course||150 €|
|5 Day Course||225 €|
|Full Day||1 Day Course||65 €|
|3 Day Course||165 €|
|5 Day Course||250 €|
Rock Climbing – Rocha de Penha – 75€ pp
National Park of Rocha da Pena in Loulé is a little further afield, however with transfers included in your days climbing you can sit back and take in the beautiful countryside.
It’s a beautiful place with around 200 bolted climbing routes ranging from 4+ to 8a. The height of the climbs ranges from 7m to 25 meters. This is perfect for winter climbing but a little hot in mid summer. The cooling breeze of the Atlantic on the West Coast is better in summer.
- Beginner and Intermediate
- No previous experience needed – suit beginner and intermediate
- Climbing shoes and equipement provided
- Transport to Rocha de Penha
- Free pick up from AltaVista
- Introduction to climb equipment
- Practical training in belay techniques
- Basic climb techniques
- Outdoor toprope
- 3-4 hours on the rocks
- Fully qualified and friendly guides
- 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. (pick-up 9.45 a.m.)
3 Days available 215€ per person